- We feed our bunnies Producer’s Pride Rabbit Food. This is available at Tractor Supply.
- Make sure you have Producer’s Pride Rabbit Food on-hand when your new bunny comes home
- If you wish to switch your bunny’s food, do so under the instruction of your veterinarian.
- Unlimited fresh Timothy Hay.
- Fresh clean water daily.
- No fresh fruits or veggies until your bunny has reached six months of age.
- We recommend starting slowly with strawberry tops or bok choy as treats only.
- Please be careful with carrots as they contain high amounts of sugar.
- No store bought treats. Treats with artificial coloring can be toxic to your bunny.
- We recommend keeping your bunny indoors in a climate controlled environment.
- Choose the best cage for your space, but the bigger the better. Suggested: 1 Story or 2 Story
- Please make sure your bunny is getting playtime daily in a safe space outside of the cage — a playpen is great for this.
- If you choose a solid bottom cage, we recommend using a litter box filled with Care Fresh Small Pet bedding.
- Keep in mind we do start litter training at four weeks of age, so your bunny will be used to using this bedding as litter.
- Introduce other pets to your bunny very slowly.
- Remember bunnies bond by smell. Try not to over handle your bunny until they have acclimated to their surroundings.
- Keep your bunny in a quiet, calm environment.
- Loud abrupt sounds can cause heart failure.
- Please be mindful of air fresheners and all forms of aerosol sprays as they may cause respiratory distress.
- Please do not leave your bunny unattended with small children or other household pets.
- Never bathe your bunny or allow it to get damp in any way, as your bunny may go into shock.
- Avoid wood shavings, your bunny could experience liver failure from the release of toxic oils found in the shavings.
- Always remember that bunnies will chew anything! Wires, carpet, plastic, anything–many of these things are very dangerous to your bunny. Be aware!
Bringing Home Bunny
- Travel cage
- Bunny safe cage set up in a quiet space – 1 Story or 2 Story
- Playpen (Optional)
- Timothy Hay
- Producer’s Pride Pellets
- 32 oz water bottle
- Ceramic or metal food dish
- Pet safe nail clippers
- Litter box
- Care Fresh Small Pet bedding for litter box
- Veterinarian picked out who cares for bunnies
- Ready to make a 10 year commitment to your bunny.